Star of the week

All the kids in Shreya's class get a turn to be the 'Star of the week'. This is probably the most anticipated thing in the whole year and Shreya had been waiting all year for her turn. Essentially you get a star cut out and each child can decorate it with whatever they want. Then during the week they get to present the star to the class, receive compliments from their peers, share their favourite toy or talent and sit with the teachers for lunch and the end of week assessments. Clearly at six, sitting with the teacher is the highest honour a child can get (I wonder when this changes...). To end the week, I went into the class to be the 'Mystery Reader' and read to the kids.

I have to admit it was a really exciting week and we enjoyed decorating the star. Shreya wanted to put photos of her favourite things (birthdays, xmas, london, biking, trails, indian weddings, easter bunny) & people (her sister, grandparents & cousins - Nehal and I just about made the cut).

I emailed the teachers during the week to see how things were going and they warned me during the lunch session with her, Shreya had spilled all our family secrets. I asked them not to hold it against us!

The star 
Explaining everything on the star to her class

Tracing her body to record the compliments 
Receiving the compliments from her class mates
Compliments from the teachers and peers
Sharing her favourite toy - interesting choice I thought!


Reading to the class
Doing her assessment at the teacher's desk



Popular posts from this blog

The 'drone' wedding

Here comes the bride...

Weekend in Sac